Interning in Washington is a rite of passage for many young people seeking experience and a path to future jobs. It was typically an unpaid role, including on Capitol Hill, but lawsuits and pressure have shifted the culture on internships. The U.S. Senate just voted to pay all interns starting next year, and many other organizations now compensate internships. We take a look at how the intern’s role has evolved and what it means for early career workers everywhere.
- SAVE THE DATE! January 25, 2023
- In #CALeg news, we have a bill number! January 23, 2023
- In case you missed it: Pay Our Interns spoke to the HarperCollins Publisher’s Union in an Instagram Live January 23, 2023
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: We stand in solidarity with the public servants of Brazil: January 12, 2023
- ⚡BREAKING FY 202 FUNDING NEWS! ⚡ December 20, 2022