Interning in Washington is a rite of passage for many young people seeking experience and a path to future jobs. It was typically an unpaid role, including on Capitol Hill, but lawsuits and pressure have shifted the culture on internships. The U.S. Senate just voted to pay all interns starting next year, and many other organizations now compensate internships. We take a look at how the intern’s role has evolved and what it means for early career workers everywhere.
- Pay Our Interns announces four new board members:￼ May 13, 2022
- ICYMI: Listen to POI Executive Director Carlos Mark Vera at SXSW May 13, 2022
- Thank you to all who attended our 40 Million Celebration! May 6, 2022
- Four more days to register for our 40 million celebration! April 9, 2022
- State Department announces paid internship application window: April 6, 2022